Pages

Tuesday 26 April 2016

Long Sleeved Red Dress with Draped Skirt

Hello friends,

It seems that my love for designing and manipulating draped patterns is eternal. It must have been at least two years when I first came across one of the Drape Drape books by Hisako Sato and fell in love with this artistic, playful and full of possibilities pattern design and fashion style. Now I've got two Drape Drape books in my private library and numerous inspirational images saved on Pinterest which I often go back to for reference. 
Even though there are so many exciting projects in both of the Drape Drape books I have only managed to sew a couple of garments and instead just keep going back to the same pattern manipulating it or just drafting my own with ruched details. 
In fact, lately I tend to add draping to every single pattern I draft! Even workout leggings (pictures to follow in the future post). I guess it's just a phase and I will grow out of  it in due course but for now I still very much enjoy it :).

My red dress with ruched skirt and sleeves is so versatile as it can be either very causal or more dressy depending on shoes and accessories worn with it. With the neckline not being revealing at all and long sleeves this red dress worn with simple ankle boots gets transformed into a very laid- back look (perfect for bowling^_^) and at the same time because of its striking red colour a quick change of shoes makes it a perfect dress for a night on the town.
















Thank you for reading.

Malgosia
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment